29 May 2007

Our Memorial Day Cemetery Visit

We stopped by the cemetery where a lot of my family is buried on the way home from the parade yesterday. We had not been back to mom's grave since we buried her last summer. We still need to get a headstone, but left flowers at her grave. I could not remember where Grandma and Grandpa Natiw were located, but we got very lucky and found the needle in the haystack. Here are some shots from a really nice day.


My Grandpa Savageau, who I never met.


My Grandma Savageau who I was very close to.


Grandma Savageau's mother (my great-grandma).


Mom's grave.


Grandma Natiw's grave. If I remember right, she got a college degree when she was like... 60 something. She was also not happy that my dad was cremated, so she had his name put on her headstone.


Clean up.


Grandpa Natiw's grave. Never met him.


Another shot of Mom's grave. It's in a really nice spot, right next to her parents under the trees.

Nice day.
J

No comments: