28 December 2006

Friends in High Places


So I'm working in Dave & Lisa's sub this morning and on the way out see that Lisa is unloading groceries. I pull in and say hi. She says, you've got good timing. I ask why. She says "because Brian (Dave's brother) is on his way in a Chinook (huge military helicopter)." Brian flew in Iraq over the last couple years and continues to fly here locally for training. Anyway..... sure enough. No sooner than the words came out of her mouth, I heard it. The unmistakable racket of the Chinook. He flew a few circles right over us at 500 feet (ridiculously close for an aircraft that big) and then took off.


I called Lindsay (at our house) to tell her about it. She was pretty excited. Well, she calls me back five minutes later yelling into the phone "he's here! he's here!" I could hear it through the phone. He had flown right over our house on the way back and stopped to say hello (in his own special way)!


Nothing like a sweet military fly-by to brighten your day. Thanks Brian!


Photos are taken on my camera phone, so bear with them.

No comments: