17 June 2007

Happy Father's Day!

The annual Father's Day tradition got underway at 8:00am when the one mile run started in downtown Plymouth. I accompanied Mary and Rachael for some of their run. They both did great! Then it was Jen and I sharing 3.1 miles in the 5k run. Jen knocked over five minutes off her time from last year! Lots of great friends made it a fantastic Father's Day morning. Thanks to Tammi for the photos!!!


The PFDC contingent did great! Note: Kristen (not pictured) was working the water station today!


Jen's so fast she's blurry


Enjoying the day


Mary shows solid form near the finish.


This photo looks a lot like the one from last year...


Trying to keep up!


What would the day be without weirdness?

4 comments:

Howard said...

Times, man, must have times...

John Natiw said...

Well, as it was Father's Day (and I was still hurting from my stupid half marathon) so I decided to run with my daughters. Mary and Rachael ran the mile. Rachael's time was 10:51, Mary's was 10:54. I ran with them through about 7/8's of a mile and then peeled off to watch them finish.

Jen had been running a bit this year and was trying to better her time from last year. I ran with her the entire 5k and she did great! Her finishing time was 33:20! She took of almost five minutes off last year's time. I came in right on her shoulder at 33:24.

The girls did great and didn't beat dad by too much. Maybe that was because it was Father's Day....

Howard said...

I hear a lot of positive spinning going on there, John. But it still boils down to last place in every race now, don't it? Not that there's anything wrong with last place since everyone who runs is a winner, right?



Yeah, right! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Okay, I'm better now. Congrats on having a great Father's Day with your family... who runs. Wish mine did.



So I could beat them all! Hahahaha!

John Natiw said...

"Some of us" have matured over the years Howard. Somehow just knowing that I could crush them into submission is enough... for now. Mwuahahahahahah.......

The Spin-Meister

and remember.... "winning isn't everything..."

(until you get beat)