21 April 2007

My First Dexter Breakfast Ride!

Today was my first AABTS Dexter Breakfast Ride (the club's signature ride). Started at Dexter and rode to the start in Ann Arbor. Went out with John B., Sharon, Mark B. and Don. Mark, Don and I made the turn for 70. Had breakfast in Chelsea, lunch somewhere out by Portage Lake. The hills are amazing. What a blast! Felt strong today. Great ride.


A few of us started in Dexter and rode to Ann Arbor to join the rest of the group for the "official" start of the ride in Wheeler Park (above). We were able to get done about an hour before most folks due to our early start!


Another shot of Wheeler Park.


The famous breakfast stop in Chelsea. I had a blueberry muffin...


The "curb sitters".


More "curb sitters". Notice the sweet LeMond in the foreground (mine).


Interesting story about this. We had just been in the hills for like 5-6 miles and I saw this at the bottom of a descent. I was pretty far ahead of the rest of the group, so I stopped to take a shot of this sweet barn. As soon as my mates passed by me I started off again. Little did I know, but the biggest climb of the ride was right after this barn. Needless to say, I won't be stopping to take any more photos of this barn!

Great day, great ride! 70 miles in the books. Gives me 900 for the season so far. DALMAC, here I come.
J

No comments: