07 October 2006

Embracing the Masochist Within

What is it about a ridiculous challenge that is so captivating? I've been hearing about the bike tour called the Columbus Fall Challenge (in Ohio... duh). It's supposed to be two days of riding in the most challenging (hence the name) hills in the state. Some of these climbs (so I hear) are more than two miles in length at very high inclines.

So when do I get to go?

See? This has to be a genetic fault in me. I can't be happy/content with just riding a few days a week for my health. No... I've got to surf the internet and read up on the Native Planet Classic (a super century ride, complete with about 10000 total feet of climbing out in the Cascades).

Anyway... I've decided that I'm completely mentally intact. The rest of the world is nuts. Out.
J

No comments: