10 November 2005

"...the only way I'm going home is in my Class A uniform, graduated and on a plane..."

Dated 05 Nov 05:

Everyone,
Hi! How are you all? I'm okay. A little freaked out though. We qualify with our weapons on Tuesday. If I don't qualify I get restarted in a different company. And since you know how absolutely freaked out I can get, I'm not going into details.

Oh, I got into trouble for the first time yesterday. Our PG (Platoon Guide) told me and two other people to go out into the hallway to talk about an issue (we were cleaning our weapons) so I said "okay." Just real quick. So we walked out into the hall and started talking. Then the drill sgt. came and made us do squat thrusts (basically going down into the push-up position and jumping back up). So we were doing them and I started to get mad. So when the drill sgt. started yelling at me, I answered like I was supposed to, but was pissed and had an attitude. So... he made me to 150 squat thrusts with two push-ups in between each thrust. Needless to say I was pissed. THEN TODAY HE CALLED ME A LIAR AND SAID I WAS FAKING MY MUSCLE PAIN IN MY BACK. Friggin' retard. I hate that drill sgt. Ugh.

Anyways, sorry. I was really mad and had to get that out. Whew. Okay. Moving on.

I just sent a letter to Melissa saying hi and other stuff like that. I got Kara's address from mom, but I'm not allowed to write to other soldiers in Basic Training. So that pretty much sucks a lot. But I do get to see and talk to her every Sunday at Church! Woo!

You know what? I am SO ready to come home. I want to graduate. This morning (when my DS called me a liar for my back) he asked me why I wanted to fake sick and go home, but I told him the only way I'm going home is in my Class A uniform, graduated and on a plane because I DID MY TRAINING!
[that's my girl!!!, jn]The thing is with sick call, is basically anyone who goes is automatically a "liar." So, by people going that are actually sick/injured we get crap for it. Ugh. I'm still mad about that.

I want family day to be here already. Only 33 more days left as of today. I can't wait. Alright, I really need to take a shower, make my bed, clean my locker, do PT and massage my "fake injury." I'll write more to you all later. Send me as much mail as you can because I could really use some cheering up right now.

Love you guys,
Lindsay

No comments: