26 September 2005

Family Dinners....

Family dinners will not be the same for awhile. Lindsay picked Cracker Barrel (of course). Grandpa and grandma B, grandma Ruth as well as uncle Rick and aunt Diana were all there. It was a nice evening. Chicken & dumplings with extra dumplings all around. Why do I always feel like I weigh twice as much as I do when I get done eating there?

These days have had their share of stress and anxiety for all of us. I think we're doing fine though. Tonight is her last night in the house for awhile. Tomorrow we'll go to breakfast and maybe get some lunch. After that we'll take her to the recruiters office at around 5pm. The next time we see her she'll be swearing in to active duty in the military Wednesday morning. Then, off to the airport where we'll say goodbye for a couple months.

That's really how we have to look at this. It's not forever. Just for a few months at a time. Seems to make it more managable. So why am I already looking forward to Christmas?

No comments: