23 September 2005

Five Days...

Lindsay is leaving for basic training in five days. It's starting to get real now. We had an "open house" (which is hilarious, because our house is always "open") tonight and lots of friends and family showed up. It was a nice tribute to a great young lady. One friend brought her a "basic training kit" which included Ben Gay and Motrin and other assorted helpful items. It was awesome and very thoughtful.

All of this is NOT to say that the usual bizarre events did not take place in our home tonight. See photo evidence below of "usual bizarre events."


I would have to say this may be my favorite photo from the evening. In case you're wondering, it's Rachael's hamster on one of Lindsay's friends heads. Yeah....

Got to show "Big Dawg" and "Dawg Catcher" (if you don't know who that is, you probably never will) part of the PowerPoint presentation tonight. They loved it and said it looked like a great season of fife & drum. They would know.

Earlier today I bailed out of work early to pick up my mom from the nursing home and take her home (finally). Did a bit of shopping with her. I cannot believe cigarettes are almost $50 a carton. Highway robbery if you ask me. But then no one is asking me... especially mom.

Off to Cleveland tomorrow to see the Spirit of America show at Gund Arena. I'm glad Lindsay and the rest of us get to see the Old Guard one more time before she ships out. Should be very confidence building. It's gonna be a long couple months for everyone after this weekend.

No comments: