29 September 2005

No News and a Long Run

Lindsay called last night from the airport in St. Louis. She landed safely and was waiting for the bus to take her on a three hour ride to Fort Leonard Wood. Today would've been her first day of "in processing." I think the actual "drill sergeant in your face" training starts next week, but I'm not sure. Was hoping she might call from the fort today, but she may not be able to. May have to wait for a letter before we know what training brigade and "company" she's in.

Had a nice long run today. First one in awhile. Did the Newburgh Lake loop (about 6 miles). It was nice to have such great scenery to look at while running. It was a stunning early fall day. Cool temps with a great sky. I have that "pleasantly fatigued" thing working right now. Like when you know you've done something that pushed your limits a bit and, yet, you wouldn't mind a little more. I think I'm gonna really sleep good tonight.

Oh, and I bought an Army flag today. It's hanging off the house already. I'm so lame. At least that's what she would say if she were here...

No comments: