21 September 2005

My "Drive to Seize the Human Soul..."

ok... this one is going to take some explaining. Lindsay was messing around with this political test last night. Looked fun, so I told her I wanted to take it. I was mildly amused by the results and had her send me the html for it. What follows is apparently my political idealogy.

You are a

Social Conservative
(35% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(31% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Totalitarian




Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid


By the way, the definition of totalitarian is:

"Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: “A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.). "

Wow... and all this time I thought I was a Republican...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just took the test and am apparently a Centrist! I thought I was a Republican, too. Here is what my apparent mindset

Centrist: "supporting or pursuing a course of action that is neither liberal nor conservative [syn: middle-of-the-road] n : a person who takes a position in the political center [syn: middle of the roader, moderate, moderationist"

middle of the roader??? *hrmpf!*