03 October 2005

Dear _____________

Well, we got a post card from Lindsay today (sort of). It's actually a form letter of sorts. She filled in only two parts of it (in yellow text). The rest, the military wrote for her. Check this out:

Dear mom, dad & rest of the family,
I have arrived safely at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. I am undergoing my intitial processing at 43rd AG Bn (RCPT) prior to being assigned to a unit for training. I will only be here 4 or 5 days, and then I will ship to a training company. Do not write to me at the address on this card or to the 43rd AG Bn (RCPT). I shall send you my mailing address within the next week when I am assigned to a training company. Also, I will inform you as to the date that I am graduating.

If I should be needed at home because of serious sickness or death of a member of our immediate family, contact the Red Cross Chapter nearest home, explain the emergency and give them my name, rank, social security number, and military address. They will contact the Red Cross Field Director here and the Director will inform my Commanding Officer and me. This is the only way I can get an emergency leave.

Lindsay


We are expecting a real letter in the next few days (hopefully by the end of the week). She told us yesterday that she would be given her mailing address today and that she would write us immediately.

No comments: