20 October 2005

"The guys don't listen at all..."

Another letter from Leonard Wood (postmarked Monday, October 17)...

Hey everyone!
Well, today was a pretty crappy day. Definitely not the worst, but it sucked. It was totally cool of my drill sgt. to let me use the phone. I was really surprised he did (he is the meaner of the three I have. Yep, I have three drill sgts.) FUN! Not. lol.

Anyways, they can be pretty cool/funny when they want to be. They're threatening to keep us in red phase for nine weeks. My platoon sucks. All the guys don't listen at all. "Stuped males." Yes, I spelled stupid "stuped." We get our phone calls taken away if we misbehave, so I might not call home for a long time.

I expect lots of letters. Send me packages of stuff. I'll ask about my fife. I really want to finish this stupid basic training and come home already. Gotta go though. Tomorrow is a day closer to graduation and seeing all of you!

Love,
Lindsay

No comments: