20 October 2005

A letter from Lindsay to the Church...

Postmarked Monday, October 17:

Dear everyone,
Hey! It's Lindsay! I just wanted to write and let you all know how I'm doing. First of all, let me apologize for my handwriting. I did push-ups all day and I'm in my bunk writing by flashlight. Haha. Now, on to the good stuff.

I am now in my second week of Basic Training. Ooh, scary! Just to let you know, it IS as scary as it is in the movies only it's REAL so it's 10 times worse! I want you all to know how much I miss each and every one of you. I do go to Church and it's 100% correct in its teachings. It's in the Fort and it's called the "Fort Leonard Wood Church of Christ." Every week we have communion and sing songs. To tell you the truth, it felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders when I walked out the doors. I don't think I've missed my Church so much! On my first day here, another soldier wrote this scripture in my mini-Bible:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you or forsake you." Deut. 31:6

When I read that, I had to laugh because it's so true. I never read that before and now it's on of the things that keep me going. And, of course, the "them" is the DRILL SERGEANTS!!! Ooh, scary.

Anyways, I just want to thank everyone for supporting me in my decision to join the army and love you all very much. I don't usually have time to write letters, so you won't see too many from me. At least, not right now anyways. Although I do ask that you send me letters because I need all the encouragement I can get. The Sgts. said it's okay to send packages as long as it's not food/candy/pop, etc. They're picky about that stuff, haha. If I don't get a chance to write back to you I'm sorry. I'll try my best, but I only get one hour of personal time a day, which means shower, wash clothes, work out, clean, etc. If you write a letter, you're lucky! Anyways, thank you everyone (again) and I miss you VERY much and hopefully see y'all soon.

Love,
Lindsay

p.s. Send me any pictures of Church get togethers! I'm missing Halloween and I'm sad! It's my favorite holiday ever!

No comments: