05 October 2005

Sugar-free Jello...

may well be the secret to life. As I posted previously, I'm reducing my caloric intake a bit (actually, more than a bit) to lose a few pounds. My running is just horrible carrying all this extra weight. Anyway, I am a huge cookie guy. I usually have three chocolate chip cookies (630 calories) with lunch and have been known to snack on one or two at night. I have a hard time just going "cold turkey" on the snacking, so the last time I tried to lose a bit (and did so successfully) I employed the "sugar-free jello tactic." Tonight was lime flavored. Made up a big bowl of it and put some Cool Whip Lite on it and "voila!" - Instant guilt free snack! Probably less than 50 calories and I can go to bed happy!

Funny story about the chocolate chip cookies. The people at Subway know me so well that today, even though I only ordered a sub, chips and a drink, they included and charged me for the three cookies. I didn't want to cause a delay, so I took them. After I ate my lunch, I actually unwrapped one of the cookies and stared at it. It was whispering "c'mon John, you know you wanna cookie." I am pleased to say that I won the battle of wills this day.

As my online running log will attest, I had a pretty lousy run today. This is actually fine, because I know that I'm being hard on my body with the extra weight. In addition, the heat was pretty bad here today. As I said yesterday, I'm celebrating that the highest forcast temperature for the next ten days is 72. WOOP! C'mon fall!

No news from Lindsay again today. She should've mailed her address on Monday (according to our phone conversation Sunday). Hopefully we'll get it by Friday. Right now she should be assigned to her basic training unit where she will spend the next nine weeks. Looks like graduation will be sometime around December 9.

1 comment:

-kylie- said...

Hi. :)

Kylie from the board, here.

I like your journal... it peeks(is it peak or peek?) my interest, so I'm sure I'll be back.
About the sugar free jello... holla! That stuff is awesome. "Mmm, it's liiiime." Ha.
Your Subway story rocks... at least they don't know you by name at Buffalo Wild Wings. "Kylie's here!"... yeah, that kind of opened my eyes a bit. :)
Anyhoo...