04 October 2005

Happy Birthday Mary!

Family tradition dictates that on the evening of your birthday you get to choose where the family will go out to eat. Each member of the family seems to have their favorites. Tonight was the Central City Diner. Although Mary's birthday isn't until tomorrow, we decided to go out early (church tomorrow) and celebrate. It was a little strange, what with Lindsay being gone and Jen working. Jen brought me home two cookies from work! So, we invited Mary's best buddy Brooke to go with us. I cannot believe I got another strawberry shake to go tonight. I'm gonna out weigh my truck pretty soon.

Got in a nice six miler this afternoon (in my brand spanking new running shoes). Did the Newburgh Lake loop. Weather was a bit warm for me, but I got through it. I said "hello" to about six people during my run today and only one said "hello" back. Very strange. I must've looked uncharacteristically mean or threatening today.

Buying running shoes is so easy for me. I just go see Laura at Running Fit in Northville and tell her I need another pair and she goes and gets two pair of shoes and lets me try them both. She is uncanny at picking exactly which pair I need to get. Todays new shoes are the same as last time: Mizuno Wave Inspire's (size 11). Also got my Sorbothane heel inserts which I had been missing dearly. Had no weirdness in my feet or lower legs during the run today.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day over 80 degrees this week! Yes! And only eight months until the Dexter to Ann Abor Half. Been too long.

No comments: